Join our mailing list to receive updates and alerts via email
Your email address has been added to our mailing list. Thank you for your interest.
January 2016 Public Hearing Comments Newsletterposted 1.25.16 Please view the Public Hearing Comments Newsletter here.
Public Hearing Announced!posted 5.4.15
All Public Hearing documents can be viewed in the document library.
Comment period ends June 3, 2015.
Wednesday, May 20, 2015
Buffalo Grove Village Hall
Village Council Chambers
50 Raupp Boulevard
Buffalo Grove, IL 60089
The Lake County Division of Transportation (LCDOT) is conducting a Public Hearing to provide an overview of the findings of the Aptakisic Road Preliminary Engineering and Environmental (Phase I) Study and to present the preliminary Preferred Alternative. The purpose of the hearing is to seek public input on the proposed 5-lane roadway improvement for Aptakisic Road, beginning at IL Route 83 on the west to Buffalo Grove Road on the east. The proposed improvement will address safety, existing and future capacity, mobility, and operational deficiencies associated with this section of roadway. The hearing will be conducted in an open house format, and interested persons may attend anytime between 5:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. Attendees will have the opportunity to view exhibits, provide comments, and meet with LCDOT and study team representatives. Please click here to view the display ad.
Click here for Maps/Directions
The third meeting of Stakeholders Involvement Group has been scheduled.posted 4.10.15
Wednesday, April 22, 2015
2:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Long Grove Village Hall
Village Board Room
3110 Old McHenry Road
Long Grove, IL 60047
Members will provide input on the preliminary Preferred Alternative to address existing and future capacity, mobility, safety, and operational deficiencies associated with the Aptakisic Road project.
Phase I Engineering Study Continuesposted 6.9.14
Since the start of the Aptakisic Road Phase I Preliminary Engineering and Environmental Study in November 2013, the Lake County Division of Transportation (LCDOT) has completed the following project elements:
- Data collection and field studies
- Existing conditions analysis
- Alternatives development and evaluation
- Preferred alternatives development
- Preliminary engineering and environmental reportsA Public Information Meeting was held November 28, 2012 to introduce the project to the public. At this meeting, LCDOT and the study team provided information on existing conditions within the study area and sought public input on transportation issues and concerns. Information on public involvement opportunities was also provided.
Following the Public Information Meeting, two Stakeholder Involvement Group (SIG) meetings were held. The first SIG meeting was conducted on January 30, 2013. Attendees participated in a workshop to identify additional issues and concerns related to the study area and to develop goals and objectives for the project. The input from this meeting resulted in a draft Problem Statement:
The goal of this project is to provide an improved transportation system for Aptakisic Road from Buffalo Grove Road to IL Route 83 for current and projected future travel conditions. Improvements to this route are needed to reduce congestion during peak travel periods, improve and protect access to adjacent properties, and provide safe and improved pedestrian and bicycle accommodations and connectivity.
It is important that solutions to these transportation deficiencies avoid or minimize impacts to the environment, and preserve quality of life including minimizing adjacent property impacts and fitting the context of the existing land use. The solutions should also consider the effect of the IL Route 83 intersection and traffic calming measures where practical.
A second SIG meeting was held April 25, 2013 to review the results of the issues and concerns/goals and objectives workshop, reaffirm the Problem Statement, and conduct an alternatives evaluation workshop to assess how the proposed 3 and 5-lane alternatives each address elements in the Problem Statement.
Then next steps in the study process include the following activities:
- Host SIG Meeting #3 in the Spring 2015. This meeting will provide with an update on the study findings, present information on the proposed preferred alternative, and obtain SIG feedback.
- Host a Public Hearing in the Spring 2015. This meeting will provide the public with an overview of the alternatives evaluation process and findings. The proposed preferred alternative will be presented at this time and public comments will be sought.